Report Builder -- SQL INI Error

Discussion regarding installation problems for all products.

Report Builder -- SQL INI Error

Postby rleffew » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:35 pm

I've installed SQLWindows 6.1 SP2 test drive on Windows 7. SqlWindows is working fine---connecting to a SqlBase db and well as using OLEDB to connect to SqlServer. I try to launch ReportBuilder, either from SqlWindows Tools or from Start menu, it pops up a dialog that says " SQL INI File Initialization failed. Check if INI files exists or is a valid INI file".

Installed into folder: C:\SQLWindows6.1 --- in that folder no SQL.INI files exists. There is one in C:\SQLWindows6.1\Sqlbase. I launched Conectivity Administrator and created a SQL.INI file in C:\SqlWindows6.1 folder. Same error. Searched the message boards and documentation, nothing on this error or mention of anything I might have not done correctly with the install.

All I want to do is create a QRP file and use with SQLWindows -- I don't even need it to connect to any data source.
rleffew

Re: Report Builder -- SQL INI Error

Postby Sirius7 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:53 am

Look at Virtual Storage-Directory - there could be another SQL.INI.
Greetings
W.P.
Sirius7

Postby rleffew » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 pm

If any one is interested, I found a solution.

The folder that Report Building is running in has a valid SQL.ini file -- so I knew that wasn't the problem even though it was being reported as "bad". So I went searching through the registry to see if perhaps Report Builder was trying to open a different Sql.ini file. I found HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unify\ReportBuilder 6.1\Settings\INIFilePath = "C:\SqlWindows6.1\sql.ini" -- which appears correct. I deleted the key value and presto...Report Builder now loads without errors.
rleffew

Postby ajthomas12 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Hello and thank you!

This is just what I needed to fix my issue, similar but not the same.

You helped me salvage my days work.

I love it when people come back and post their solutions.

Thanks again.

~Andy
Andy Thomas
Power Chord Systems
ajthomas12

Postby vmarrero » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks buddy! I was THIS close to reinstalling ReportBuilder for the same reason! Clap yourself on the shoulder :wink:
vmarrero

Return to Installation