Driver for Node.JS

A forum to request product enhancements or changes to SQLBase. One request per thread.

Driver for Node.JS

Postby Marcel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:56 pm

I driver that connects SQLBase directly to NodeJS would be very nice. Because on server side, NodeJS is an important platform for developing server side business logic. I think it only will become more important. I certainly prefer NodeJS to .NET.

In the forum, I asked back in September what would be the best way to access SQLBase from NodeJS, where Sqlbase is running on Windows. The answer was, that creating a .NET web service is the only way. Using .NET requires a big learning curve however. I think this scares away many potential users and even existing users that want to make their database accessable to web clients.

Even Microsoft SQLServer has a driver for NodeJS

Greets,

Marcel
Marcel

Re: Driver for Node.JS

Postby mvandine » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi Marcel,

Sorry for the late reply. I did log an enhancement request of SQLB-2508. Just forgot to acknowledge it. :(

This is with Development now.

Best regards,
Mike Vandine
Gupta Technologies
mvandine

Postby Marcel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Thanks,

Since you logged the request some time ago, maybe there is more info about it. You logged a request, but has development actually put this enhancement in their planning / is it going to happen?

And if yes: is it possible to give a very rough estimate on the planning?

Greets, Marcel
Marcel

Postby mvandine » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 am

Hi Marcel,

No, this has not progressed any further. I suggest that you contact your salesperson and put the request to them. Product Management need to know that there are customers requesting this enhancement.

Best regards,
Mike Vandine
Gupta Technologies
mvandine

Return to Enhancements