intalation error - samples (TDSamples51.exe) on Vista

Discussion regarding installation problems for all products.

intalation error - samples (TDSamples51.exe) on Vista

Postby educarvalho2001 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:44 pm

<<TD 5.1>>
<intalation error - samples (TDSamples51.exe) on Windows Vista>
it's not working, and i'm logged with admnistrator's user.

this message is printed:
"Error 1925 -You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation."

this message is printed too:
"Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information"

And the process is aborted.
educarvalho2001

Postby jmgemperle » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:22 am

Hi,

I also do have a problem to install the samples on VISTA, the error is different

TD-3377
TD 5.1 BETA : Sample setup fails installing on VISTA with error 1606: Could not access network location...

VISTA ULTIMATE WITH ISS, 5.1 SAMPLE SETUP with/without Web Extension checked to install.
I have IIS installed on VISTA ultimate. Also UAC is turned off AND the administrator account is enabled basically most security are off on my machine, still when installing the TD samples 5.1 it fails with this error and a truncated message refering to \inetpub\wwwroot EVEN THHOUGH i unchecked Web Extension install...

Does anyone else have the error 1603 or 1606 when installing the samples on VISTA?

Cheers
JM
jmgemperle

Re: intalation error - samples (TDSamples51.exe) on Vista

Postby WPMProductions » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:25 am

Hi,

I also got error 1606, during installing of the samples on Vista. But I found a solution.

You must change a value in the registry and then it works.

1) Type "regedit" in the Run From Start Menu dialog box to open the "Registry Editor".
2) Find the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InetStp\PathWWWRoot
3) Change the value of this registry key from "%SystemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot" or " \inetpub\wwwroot\" to "C:\inetpub\wwwroot".

This solution worked for me.

Regards,

Willem
WPMProductions

Return to Installation