UNIFY SET UP

Discussion regarding installation problems for all products.

UNIFY SET UP

Postby kumarravik » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:14 am

I have just installed the GUPTA TEAM DEVELOPER 4.2 in my laptop (OS-Window7).
I have got the SQL.ini file and also installed my database (ORACLE 10g).
Now I need to run an application(.exe) with team developer that needs to be connected with the database.
I have also tns.ora file. please guide me what steps needs to be taken for this set up. let me know if any other details are required. Greatly appreciate your help

Kind regards:
Ravi
kumarravik

Re: UNIFY SET UP

Postby Jeff Luther » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:52 pm

I suggest your install and look at the TD ebooks, Ravi -- they're in PDF format. Particularly see ccod.pdf, that's the info. for connecting to non-SQLBase databases. You should have some books with your v4.2 but if not you can download the current v6.1 set here:
http://www.guptatechnologies.com/Servic ... loads.aspx

click TD and then click the 'Books Online' link. You will mostly be modifying the TD folder SQL.INI, so BE SURE TO save a backup before making changes. If you can't get it to work, attach the INI file and describe what the problem is.

I also suggest going through this forum, if you're new here. There are years' worth of info, install, connecting, etc. Use upper right search field if you need it.
Jeff Luther

Postby kumarravik » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:54 am

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the info. i just found that the application is working from admin account but not from my account. it seems that permisssion issue here. however i got the admin access, but still application is not working from account only.
do you have any idea if any particluar file/folder access is necessary while i have full access on unify folder under C:\Program Files\Gupta\Team Developer 4.2 ?

thanks a lot for the info..
kumarravik

Postby lrcuess » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello,

I have TD 3.1 installed on my Windows 7 PC and I also need to run it as administrator.
If I don't, TD 3.1 thinks that it's not registered.
But with the new TD versions, that is no problem.

Max
Markus Eßmayr
RACON Software GmbH
http://www.racon.at
lrcuess

Return to Installation