Running a backup of 9.0 on my Mac

Discussion regarding installation problems for all products.

Running a backup of 9.0 on my Mac

Postby jenny007 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:42 am

Hi,

Our retail management system is using 9.0, but will only let me run very basic queries.
I think in the long run I would like to compile data, create views and new tables and write scripts / transactional sql....

I am new to SQLBase. I am wondering if I can run / deploy the database locally on my Mac and then import the latest backup to work with.
Is there software I can download? Would I use 9.0 or could I import it to 11.x and do more? I really would prefer my Mac, but possibly could get a windows pc too.

Thank you!
Jenny
jenny007

Re: Running a backup of 9.0 on my Mac

Postby Jeff Luther » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 am

Jenny -- the SQLBase section here on the forum is the best place to add any msgs. you have on this topic. However, to respond: No, the Mac is not supported for our SQLBase and Team Dev. products. You will have to install it on a PC.
Jeff Luther

Re: Running a backup of 9.0 on my Mac

Postby Uwe van der Horst » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:56 am

Jeff Luther wrote:Jenny -- the SQLBase section here on the forum is the best place to add any msgs. you have on this topic. However, to respond: No, the Mac is not supported for our SQLBase and Team Dev. products. You will have to install it on a PC.
We don't support the Mac either, but some of our customers are reporting that clients - not the SQLBase - are running very good using "Parallels Desktop for Mac".
Uwe van der Horst
Advo-web GmbH

Go forward! Come join the TD, SqlBase & TDMobile community on
Team Developer Community Forum
Uwe van der Horst

Return to Installation