Cannot run any executables all of a sudden.

Discussions specific to Team Developer 5.1.

Cannot run any executables all of a sudden.

Postby judith_jane » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Can someone help me with this error? I haven't been able to find anything that would help me to resolve this issue.

Two days ago I had no problems running any of my Team Developer created executables but since yesterday, I am getting this error:

The procedure entry point ??0PAINTSCROLLBARDATA@CExtPainManager@@QAE@PAVCExtScrollBar@@_NW4e_scroll_bar_mouse_hover_typet@1@J@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library ProfUIS283u.dll

I have tried running other non TD executables and they work. I haven't made any system changes or updates. One day it was working than all of a sudden it wasn't.

HELP PLEASE!!
judith_jane

Re: Cannot run any executables all of a sudden.

Postby Jeff Luther » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

What I think you have is an incompatibility between the TD EXEs you are trying to run, and what must be another PATH setting with likely a newer TD installed.

but since yesterday

What did you change yesterday? Install a new TD version? Check your PATH to see if that TD folder that is first is the same TD version as these EXEs you are running. My guess is they are not.

Another way to approach this might be to search for: ProfUIS283u.dll
again, a guess there's >1 copy on your machine, quite possibly with different date/time stamps and it's likely that your EXEs during runtime init. 'see' the wrong one. Likely due to the PATH for wrong one listed first.
Jeff Luther

Postby judith_jane » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 am

Thanks for responding Jeff.

I have not installed a new version of TD and I have searched for that dll and there is only one instance of it on my machine. No changes were made to the development environment. Any other ideas?

I wouldn't be so confused if I had done/installed something to the computer but this computer is strictly used for TD development and nothing was done to the computer.

The only I did was compile the code and since getting the error, I've tried to compile it again and got the same error. Even TD .exe's that have been created months ago also produce the same error.
judith_jane

Postby judith_jane » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 am

I found a temporary fix; seems if I copy the .exe to a different folder it seems to work. I searched the previous folder for that .dll and nothing. Permissions on this folder and program files folder seem to be ok too...

Just strange.
judith_jane

Postby Jeff Luther » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:44 pm

I found a temporary fix; seems if I copy the .exe to a different folder it seems to work.

Again, this sounds like an install/path issue:
* does your app run OK when run from TD IDE?

* EXE -- the exe built from your app apparently is incompatible with the ProfUI DLL that's in that TD install folder. That's why the EXE won't run there.

* EXE -- "moving to a different folder is OK" - this tells me the PATH is set with first TD (runtime/deploy) that is compatible with that PATH folder.
Jeff Luther

Return to Team Developer 5.1