Stored Procedure Parameter Problem

Discussions specific to Team Developer 5.1.

Stored Procedure Parameter Problem

Postby prpruchnik@yahoo.com » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

We have just converted from Gupta 5.1 and Sybase to Gupta 5.1 and Sql Server 2008 – Frequently we get “8016[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The incoming tabular data stream (TDS) remote procedure call” error – It appears that stored procedure call parameters with some binds variables are the cause – changing the procedure call parameters to a concatenation string seems to to be a work around –
Has anybody experienced this?
TIA,
Gupta Vet
prpruchnik@yahoo.com

Re: Stored Procedure Parameter Problem

Postby Jeff Luther » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm

TD v5.1 has not been in development for a year or more (and is now 4 versions old) -- though we in tech. support can still answer specific questions about it -- so the best I can suggest is that you put together a small TD v5.1 test with with sample DB table + SP, data + a TD test that can be run to duplicate this problem.

If you do that and zip/rar the files, it can at least be tested. I wouldn't surprise me if this was fixed in a newer TD since I know dev. has worked on Stored Proc. issues the past couple years.

You might even download and install the latest v5.2 SP5 Test Drive: http://support.guptatechnologies.com/su ... /Downloads
and try your test case with that.
Jeff Luther

Return to Team Developer 5.1