[DEFECT ADDED] SP 'CREATE PROCEDURE' error

Discussions specific to Team Developer 5.1.

[DEFECT ADDED] SP 'CREATE PROCEDURE' error

Postby Subbulakshmi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 am

Hi,

Attached a tescase which gives error as "OdrPrepareProc() failed" could anyone can help me out for what went wrong in the same?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Subbulakshmi

Re: SP Execution with TD

Postby Jeff Luther » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Sorry, try attaching your file again. In the Unify -> Gupta forum transfer today, the file link became invalid.
Jeff Luther

Postby Subbulakshmi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi Jeff,

I have attached again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Subbulakshmi

Postby Jeff Luther » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Looking at this, and see one thing I caution you against:
* You have hard-coded in the ODBSAL32.DLL ext. lib. This can be dangerous when it comes time to upgrade to newer TD, because newer TD may have changes to the is file.
Far better to declare/includeTD's APL that brings in this DLL: File Include: odbsal32.apl

* One thing I found is SP name inconsistency:
"CREATE PROCEDURE [SPR_TEST1]..."
and later...
"'declare @nRet int
exec SPR_TEST :nVar1, ..."
Jeff Luther

Postby Subbulakshmi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:18 am

Hi Jeff,

I have modified the code as you said, still am getting the sam error. Mofified code is attacehd here...
Subbulakshmi

Postby Jeff Luther » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Are you are about that Odr error you mention above? Are you sure that is the first error you get running your test case?

I am getting an error trying to SqlPrepareAndExecute() this statement:
“CREATE PROCEDURE [SPR_TEST1]
@nVar1 int,
@nVar2 int,
@nReturn int output
AS
set nocount on
set @nReturn = @nVar1 * @nVar2”

Code: Select all
Error @ position 17 is: “Invalid character” -- that's the '[' left paren. char.
Reason: The SQL parser has determined an invalid character while
         searching for quoted strings, numbers, keywords, and
         identifiers.

If I try to continue *then* I get an error on the OdrPrepareProc() call, but that's because the CREATE PROCEDURE call didn't work due to '[' issue. I'm asking internally about this.
Jeff Luther

Postby Subbulakshmi » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi Jeff,

For me SP has been creatred successfully in the DB. " OdrPrepareProc() failed" error message is coming.
i'm ushing TD 5.1 with sql 2005.

Regards
Subbu
Subbulakshmi

Postby Jeff Luther » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 am

" OdrPrepareProc() failed" error message...
Out of curiousity what is the error #? The SQL error number + error text and description can be helpful.

In any event, in v5.2 and later (5.1 is no longer in development) there's a TD/router parser error on the CREATE PROCEDURE. I discussed this with our router developer yesterday and this is definitely a defect in the current TDs still in development, same error for all 3 later TDs.

FYI, Unify's - now Gupta Tech's - policy is that the current TD v6.1 + 2 older releases - 6.0 and 5.2 - are kept in development for defect fixes, but no TD version older than that. So, even if a fix were released in a later TD unfortunately it would not be fixed for TD v5.1. As a result, I recommend that you upgrade. v5.1 is very old (in TD 'years').

In any event, I will open a new TD defect for that I see:
JL_52andLaterCREATEPROC_ERROR909.png

That is all I can do - test and report what I find. I will open a new defect and update this comment.

NEW DEFECT: TD-18279

WORKAROUND? What I did find, however, is this is an OLEDB issue specifically. When I connected to MS SqlServer via ODBC then your test case runs fine.
If you can, at least test and ODBC connection. And if you also can, I suggest you connect via ODBC instead of OLEDB (until this defect is fixed and you migrate to a version of TD which contains the fix.)
Jeff Luther

Re: [DEFECT ADDED] SP 'CREATE PROCEDURE' error

Postby the » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:50 am

Hi,

I use ODBC but I still get this error in TD 5.2. Is there another workaround?
the

Return to Team Developer 5.1