No mailaddress entered in Office 2010

Discussions specific to Team Developer 5.1.

No mailaddress entered in Office 2010

Postby mriesner » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:04 am

Hi folks!

We are experiencing problems using our application with automated sending mails when connecting to Office Outlook 2010. Everything works fine when using Office 2007 and below, mailaddresses are entered in the corresponding fields, but now it doesnt work with Office 2010 anymore, any hints?

Cheers, Michael

Michael Riesner
Lang Finanzsoftware GmbH & Co KG
http://www.finanz-software.com
mriesner

Re: No mailaddress entered in Office 2010

Postby Jeff Luther » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:06 pm

You need to regenerate the APL for MS Office 2010?
Jeff Luther

Postby mriesner » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:47 am

Never mind - we migrated up to TD 5.2 (yeah we will wait some time before we proceed to 6.0) and it works with Office 2010 - but now it doesnt work with Office 2003 anymore ... Well ... what do you think will happen to me if I tell my customers that they cant use their "old" office anymore? (Just a rethorical question - I DO know what will happen)
Michael Riesner
Lang Finanzsoftware GmbH & Co KG
http://www.finanz-software.com
mriesner

Postby Jeff Luther » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Maybe support both Outlook versions in your application? I never tried this, but you might be able to support both with specific APLs for each and provide a menu or other UI?

They would just need to know which Outlook they had :? Or do a lookup into the registry, for example, to see which Outlook installed on that machine and enable that version's UI button, menu, etc. Just a thought...
Jeff Luther

Return to Team Developer 5.1