Empty array / R6025 - pure virtual function call

Discussions specific to Team Developer 5.1.

Empty array / R6025 - pure virtual function call

Postby JaakkoTerhonen » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:05 am

Hi !

We have an application which sometimes (when returning to it from some other application) suddenly distorts the screen(redraws the window multiple times advancing small with steps towards down rigth) and gives several "Empty array" error messages (with title "Gupta") and finally it can give this error error, referencing to

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library :

R6025 - pure virtual function call

Has anybody faced this before ? What kind of bug in the TD-app could cause this ?

Any ideas how could I trace the reason for this problem ?

Development environment: Windows XP
Runtime environment: Windows Server 2003 ( where the application is run via Citrix)

Thanks a lot for any help!

Best regards,

Jaakko
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JaakkoTerhonen

Re: Empty array / R6025 - pure virtual function call

Postby huiskala » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:33 pm

The pure virtual function call is not familiar to me, but quite often the Empty Array error message is caused by GDI overflow. Can you check (using Task Manager) how many GDI units there are used by your application? If there is a bug in your application (e.g. memory allocated to images/icons not released properly) or in TD itself, the amount of used GDI increases and at last will cause an overflow.
Oskari Huiskala
Tieto Finland
huiskala

Re: Empty array / R6025 - pure virtual function call

Postby JaakkoTerhonen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:08 am

Thank You very much Oskari, I think your pointer is very good!

This is an old application, created with CTD1.5.1 in the last century. The problem appeared after upgrading to TD5.1.

The only thing which is unique in this application is that it has a treeview -> this GDI problem is probably related to that, I will try to verify that.

As usual with MS errors there are many possible reasons for error "pure virtual function call", it can for example be some unregistered DLL.

The application is installed in several Citrix servers and because the error occurs randomly I think one of the servers may have an unregistered DLL.

Now I only have to figure out how to find which DLL it is...

Thanks again & best regards,

Jaakko
JaakkoTerhonen

Return to Team Developer 5.1