QCDKI51.DLL

Discussions specific to Team Developer 5.1.

QCDKI51.DLL

Postby ghuener » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:51 pm

I have a set of property dialogs that utilize the CDK framework. They were originally created in version 2x, and i have migrated them successfully over the years simply by changing the included library references to reflect the td version - successful, that is until 5.1. the prop dialogs appear to work properly, but the settings are not saved properly, and the values appear to be corrupted (||||) when i run the prop dialog again to verify the settings. did something fundamentally change in the use of the cdk initialization procedures in 5.1?
Thank you.
ghuener

Re: QCDKI51.DLL

Postby Jeff Luther » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:37 pm

"something fundamentally change"

I don't quite understand the issue, but the fundamental change that might affect you is Unicode in v5.1. Any time you see some chars. that look 'corrupted' or do not look correct, it could be a Unicode/double-byte issue.

If you are not familiar with Unicode issues, click on my Unify page here for an intro.: http://www.jeffluther.net/unify/#UNICODE_INFORMATION

Otherwise, what you will need to do is submit a small test case or sample code so we can see what you mean.
Jeff Luther

Re: QCDKI51.DLL

Postby ghuener » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:55 pm

that makes sense. i will look into it. Thanks.
ghuener

Return to Team Developer 5.1