UI: Button Background Color

Discussions specific to Team Developer 5.1.

UI: Button Background Color

Postby GB » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:44 am

The property Background Color of a push button does not work when using an Office 2007 * theme.
GB

Re: UI: Button Background Color

Postby jmgemperle » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:05 am

Hi,

Yes you are right, you can't set BKG color on the office theme for push button, option buttons, for all the other controls BKG color can be set... I agree this can be improved in TD 5.1 ie: if the theme is an Office theme and uses gradient for drawing buttons, a base color (to be mixed with the current theme, not sure if I describe it properly) shoosen by the user could be used along with an intensity property to set the general color tone of the button using the background color defined.... For me this could be a feature basically a "color mixer" like Vista does for its theme on the caption bar... So for me this is not a bug but the way it is currently designed, and I entered that feature request for "Color Mixing" TD-4230, let me know if you desagree.

Cheers
Jean-Marc
jmgemperle

Postby GB » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:25 am

For me it is an critical issue because we or our customer have to highlight buttons. If not possible we have to switch off the new themes. But this is one of two most important features and reason for update.
Why not simply do as in MS VS 2005. In case of a background color no gradient is shown.
regards
Gerald
GB

Postby edh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:10 am

I would like both Gradients and explicit colours.
Ed Herweynen
edh

Postby GB » Fri May 21, 2010 8:05 am

Tested with Build18022/EMP5257 and the button is coloured.
LunaBluesolved.jpg

but the appearance is rather poor: It is always flat and no visual effect on pressing the button, however the button works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GB

Return to Team Developer 5.1