IMPORTANT:This discussion forum will soon move to My Support

Announcements and notifications from Unify Technical Support.

IMPORTANT:This discussion forum will soon move to My Support

Postby Rainer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:44 am

Hi Ana,

because you have locked your post, I had to create this one.

Most of you are probably familiar with our OpenText knowledge center by now, known as My Support.
Are you sure, that most people know the new OpenText support forum?
I do not and you did not wrote how to access it.
And - to be honest - I do not like to move away from here.

This forum will be kept as a knowledge base, and all current users will still be able to login and read existing posts after the move.

Nonetheless, all new collaboration will take place from the new forums only.
Does this mean, that you will not allow new users to participate on posts on this forum here?

Regards,
Rainer
Rainer

Re: IMPORTANT:This discussion forum will soon move to My Sup

Postby Dave Rabelink » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:39 am

I just tried registering a personal account on OpenText and see if I can access any of the discussion forums already there.

I get this message when trying to access the community forums:

We're sorry, your account does not grant you access to this resource. If your company has an active Customer Support contract you are eligible for access to MySupport.

Ouch, that's bad.

Personally, I do not see any problem moving to another site to access/post community related information.
As long as the forum software is as good as this one.
(being able to see all related posts, being able to post there with or without attachments/images etc).

I have looked at the OpenText forums (using my company support access) and see it is different, but not worse than this phpBB forum.

But I do have a problem with limiting the users to only those who are in a company having a support contract. The community is more than only that subset of users.
When registering an OpenText account it should enable the access to the Gupta forum without any restrictions.

As for making this Gupta forum read-only:

Before doing that, Gupta should grand access to all sub forums to all users.
When an existing forum user did not have access to a subforum (as example the forum for TD 7.0) before the switch to the OpenText forum but needs access to it later, it is not possible anymore.
So when this forum is made read only, all subforums and posts should be readable to all existing users, but ALSO for non registered users.
The forum must be completely open (as read only) for anyone (registered user or not) to all subforums and posts.

If that is not the case, valuable information will be lost to those users.
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles on Team Developer Wiki
Download samples from TD Sample Vault

Go forward! Come join the TD, SqlBase & TDMobile community on
Team Developer Community Forum
Dave Rabelink

Postby Charlie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:28 am

I think the forums benefit from contributions by all developers, including those who may not have a support contract.

Also, there is much value in seeing bug-related posts in the forums when trying to evaluate new versions of Team Developer (or any other product).

I hope OpenText will consider making the forums inclusive, and not exclusive to only a subset of the community.

Otherwise and without a doubt, some "community-driven" forum will pop-up, and (I believe) having two separate forums would wind up being detrimental.

Come join us at Dave Rabelink's "Team Developer Community Forum"!
All users of OpenText™ Gupta Development Tools and Databases welcome!
http://tdforum.daverabelink.net/index.php
Charlie

Postby apaula » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:33 am

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.

The new forums are not live yet. As soon as they are, customers will receive information on how to access.

Our new forums on My Support will be accessible to all customers with a Gupta license under maintenance.

We understand the importance of keeping this forum available as a knowledge base and that's what we'll be doing.

Kind Regards,
Ana
---
Director of Global Customer Support
apaula
Site Admin

Return to Announcements